What are the benefits of meditation?
- Relaxation of the body and mind
- Improved concentration
- Detachment from worries and anxieties
- Peace of mind
- A better understanding of your abilities and aspirations
- An ability to perform tasks with clarity and insight
What will I learn from your classes?
- Proper breathing techniques to relax the body and mind and direct your concentration powers
- Concentration techniques that will focus the mind and open the heart
- Creative visualisation techniques that help the mind to disassociate from the external world
- Meditation techniques that give you powerful access to the spiritual heart and your inner capacities
How long should I meditate?
It depends on your level of experience. A beginner should try to meditate for 10–15 minutes, then over time with practice you can lengthen this to 30 minutes.
How often should I meditate?
Regular practice is very important and to become a good meditator we advise to meditate every day.
What time is best to meditate?
The most important time to meditate is at the start of your day when you rise from sleep. The peace you create in the mind will help you through the day to get the most out of life’s experiences. You can also meditate at night before retiring, or any other time you feel inspired.
Is it easy to stop thoughts and the mind’s turmoil?
Once you know some meditation techniques and practice them on a regular basis, like anything else you want to become good at, you will be able to experience true meditation and be able to detach yourself from the turmoil of the mind.
Should I have a special place to meditate?
As a beginner, the best place to meditate is somewhere quiet in the home where others won’t disturb you. Then after a while you will notice you can meditate anywhere and not be disturbed by external noises.
Do I need to sit in a special way to meditate?
All you need is the ability to sit with your back straight for the duration of your meditation so that you are comfortable but alert. Some people sit in chairs, others on a cushion on the floor. You can obtain special kneeling meditation stools but they are not essential for a good meditation.