FREE MEDITATION COURSE COMMENCING TUESDAY JUNE 8th 2021
Our next free meditation course will commence on Tuesday June 8th, 7pm to 8.00pm at North Fitzroy Library, 182 St George’s Road. It is a 4-night course over 4 weeks. Free follow-up classes will be available that will be announced in the final week.
The course is suitable for beginners and anyone looking to revive or reinvigorate their meditation practice. Heart-based meditation will assist enormously in processing and gaining a perspective on the events of recent times.
The course will cover:
- • breathing and concentration techniques
- • heart meditation as taught by Sri Chinmoy
- • creative visualisation
- • mantra and music
- • the meditation lifestyle and living in the heart
To book your place(s) fill in the contact form with your details or text 0407 333 740 with your name and number of places you would like to reserve.
It’s time you learned to meditate!
- Do you want freedom from the cares and worries of the world?
- Would you like to experience genuine peace of mind?
- Would you like to discover the shortcut to true happiness?
- Are you looking for solutions to some of life’s perplexing questions?
- Do you want to be free from old habits and negative thoughts and actions?
- Do you want to become a better player in the mysterious game of life?
If you answered ‘yes’ to one or more of these questions, then it’s time you learned how to meditate! The Melbourne Sri Chinmoy Centre offers free meditation classes and workshops throughout the year. Enquire now about our current class timetable and class locations.
If we practise meditation daily, then rest assured that the problems of our life, inner and outer, are solved. —Sri Chinmoy
When you feel that happiness and fulfilment are like an elusive dream, in spite of all the things you have done in life, then it’s time to meditate. Our natural instinct is to go out into the world seeking happiness and adventure and to a degree for a time this works. But then all good things seemingly come to an end. It could be a holiday, a relationship, the next generation i-thing … whenever we look outside of ourselves for fulfilment, the joy and satisfaction we get from these things is intrinsically limited. Then there comes a moment of insight and inspiration:
“If I cannot achieve satisfaction from the outer world, perhaps I should look somewhere else and the only other place to look is within.”
There are many forms of introspection but by far the most effective is meditation. Thousands of years ago people would sit meditating in a cave high in the mountains or at the foot of a tree and not eat or drink until they had attained enlightenment. But the world has changed and meditation has changed along with it. There are new techniques and faster ways of gaining the same results that may have taken many years in ancient times. Meditation has become adapted to modern living and the techniques we teach give amazing results in weeks.
Upcoming Classes—How to Enquire
For details of our next series of classes, please leave your contact details using our contact form.
- Learn more about our meditation classes
- What is Meditation?
- Common questions and answers about meditation
- CD of guided meditation exercises available